Baby Probiotic Drops with Vitamin D
Crying is a newborn’s primary mode of communication. It is how they express their wants and needs to their caregivers. Some babies, however, will cry longer and more often than others, for no apparent reason. When a healthy baby has bouts of crying and fussing lasting more than three hours at a time and occurring several times a week, despite the parents’ best efforts to comfort them, they are considered to have colic.
While the exact causes of colic are debated in the medical community, many experts believe that gastrointestinal factors play a role in it due to some of the symptoms present in colicky infants, which are indicative of abdominal discomfort. Those include:
- Tense abdomen
- Arched back
- Pulled up or stiffened legs
HOW CAN PROBIOTICS HELP?
During infancy, the foundations for a baby’s gut microbiome are still being laid. The microbes introduced at this stage play a key role in the development of the gut eco-system.
Probiotics can be used to add good bacteria to your baby’s gut, promote the growth of important native bacteria, prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, and maintain an overall healthy digestive system. Certain probiotic species, such as L. reuteri, have been shown to have a direct effect in the reduction of crying and fussing time in colicky babies.
Prebiotics are dietary fibres that feed the good gut bacteria, providing the nutrients they need to continue supporting your baby’s healthy digestion. They help the bacteria help your newborn!
- Helps reduce crying and fussing time due to colic in breastfed infants
- Provides live microorganisms to benefit health
- Source of Vitamin D, a factor in normal growth and development
- Helps to build strong bones and teeth
- Helps to maintain immune function
Medicinal Ingredients (per dose unit):
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (19070-2) 25 Million CFU*
- Lactobacillus reuteri (12246) 25 Million CFU*
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 2 μg
- *Colony Forming Unit
- Sunflower Seed Oil