Suggested Use: Ages 3 and up take 2 tablets per day. Ages 14 and over take 3 per day. Take with food a few hours away from medications.
Medicinal Ingredients (per 2 tablets):
Iron (iron (III) pyrophosphate elemental)…..10 mg
Xylitol, vegetable magnesium stearate, sunflower lecithin, sweet potato maltodextrin.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Iron
- Dark under-eye circles
- Moodiness, irritability, or tantrums
- Pale skin, lips, and eyelids
- Increased infections, colds, and flus
- Sleep disturbances like having a hard time falling asleep
- Becoming tired quickly, needing more naps
- Craving and eating ice, dirt, clay or other non-food items (pica)
- Poor appetite
- ADHD-like behaviours
- Slow growth (short or small for age)
- Poor grades, low test scores
- Teeth grinding
How Much Iron do Kids Need?
To prevent iron deficiency anemia, supplement with the following dose:
- Children 7 months to 13 years – 10 mg iron daily
- Girls 14 to 18 years – 15 mg daily
- Boys 14 to 18 years – 10 mg daily
- Pregnancy – 30 mg daily
- Lactating – 10 mg daily
The doses recommended above are for elemental iron. Elemental iron is the total amount of iron available for absorption by your body. Always look for the elemental amount of iron when choosing an iron supplement.
If your child is diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia your health care provider will recommend a therapeutic dose as a treatment for anemia. Therapeutic doses will be higher than what is recommended above.